[Geospatial] Student cartographer sought to create one map for publication

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 9 09:04:10 PDT 2022

Hello all,

I've been contacted by a UCR History professor who is seeking a grad student or upper-division student with solid cartographic skills to create one map to be included in a book she'll soon be submitting to a publisher.

The task would essentially involve recreating a portion of a point map published in the Atlas of Great Lakes Indian History<https://search.library.ucr.edu/discovery/fulldisplay?docid=alma991001940039704706&context=PC&vid=01CDL_RIV_INST:UCR&search_scope=Everything&lang=en>.

In my estimation, the final map would include several hundred points, with symbology and labeling based on a couple of attribute categories. Several rivers and political boundaries would also be represented and labeled.

The student's work would be compensated.

Please share with any student who may be qualified and interested in working on such a map within the next several weeks.

Anyone interested can contact me - I'll serve as the intermediary between the student and the professor.

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D8ABC9.75CBB410]