[Geospatial] Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 1 12:02:04 PST 2020

Hi all,

Our last Geospatial/GIS meetup for 2020 will be on Tuesday, December 15 from 12:00 - 12:50 pm.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/97660665333  passcode required*
*Respond "yes" or "tentative" to this invite to receive the necessary passcode shortly before the meetup. (Those who register through Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-122118623089> will also receive the passcode.)
Our presenter will be Shanon Langlie, Director of Marketing and Communications in International Affairs at UCR. Shanon will speak on "Using StoryMaps and StoryMap Collections to recruit for Faculty Led Education Abroad Programs."

At the meetup, we'll also talk about UC GIS Week<https://ucgisweek.github.io/2020VirtualConference/> (did you attend any sessions or view the recordings? What did you think?) as well as other geospatial events and concerns.

Last week I sent out a survey to many of you who are affiliated with UCR. Thanks to those who have responded! The survey asks about scheduling for upcoming meetups, volunteers for presenting, and whether you have any general feedback. At this point, the third Wednesday of the month is looking like the most convenient time for our Winter 2021 meetups. All presenter slots for Winter 2021 are now taken, but presentation opportunities abound after March.
Highlanders who haven't yet taken the quick survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjuU_ut6096bCo4enfTYmNnlyYu3NbXTb6mSPKt_pm_0Ax-w/viewform?usp=sf_link> are encouraged to do so by this Friday, December 4. Let your voice be heard!

Stay well, and hope to see you on the 15th.

-Janet Reyes, Geospatial Information Librarian