[Entm-beu] Highlander Day May 4th 9AM: Entomology undergrad volunteers needed!!

Christiane Weirauch christiane.weirauch at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:44:52 PDT 2024

Hello everyone,

Happy week 5!

We are in the middle of recruitment for next year's Entomology freshmen
cohort. The second Highlander Day is on *Saturday May 4th starting at 9AM
at our booth on the Rivera Lawn.*

We have a number of faculty and two students signed up but are *looking for
additional undergraduate students to help out *with "touch a bug", to talk
about your experiences in our program, and to help shuttle visitors between
the Rivera Lawn and the Entomology building where prospective students can
tour labs and facilities. This counts towards the volunteer hours you need
to claim departmental funds to attend a conference!

Please email me if you are interested! First years are very welcome! :-)

Best wishes, Christiane

--
Christiane Weirauch
Professor of Entomology

Ph: 951-827-5707
Email: christiane.weirauch at ucr.edu <Christiane.weirauch at ucr.edu>
https://profiles.ucr.edu/christiane.weirauch
Center for Integrative Biological Collections http://cibc.ucr.edu/
Editor, Systematic Entomology
<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1365-3113>
President, International Heteropterists' Society (2022-2026)