[Entm-beu] Plant Discovery Day on May 23rd, 2024! Please sign up for booths!

Kaitlyn C Banda kaitlyn.banda at ucr.edu
Thu Apr 18 14:05:36 PDT 2024

Sent on behalf of Janty Woojuh <janty.woojuh at email.ucr.edu>

[cid:image002.png at 01DA9198.8159BF50]

🌱SAVE THE DATE: PLANT DISCOVERY DAY🌱

 What is Plant Discovery Day?   Over one hundred 5th grade students from Highland Elementary join us for hands-on plant biology-inspired stations to experience science in action. Past demonstrations educated students on a wide range of biological topics from the benefits of plant microbes to how food gets from the field to your table. The main goal of Plant Discovery Day is to motivate young students to think about how plant sciences play a role in their everyday life through a series of fun and interactive activities. Of course, our whole community benefits from the joy of sharing all things plant science!

When is Plant Discovery Day?   Plant Discovery Day will be held on Thursday, May 23rd, 2024, 9:30am-1:30pm. Mark your calendars!

How can I get involved?   Please fill out the Interest Form<https://forms.gle/Ut6DSM45zxuZt8Sz5> if you want to help plan and organize, volunteer, or sponsor a booth. Sponsoring a booth could mean coordinating one of the example concepts below or coming up with your own concept. Some past booth demonstrations were plant nanobionics, flowers to fruit, avocado booth, “A-Maize-ing Maize”, Plants and Pollinators, and Plant Pigment PH. We are aiming for 12 booths and need your help!

If you have any questions, input on the event, or outreach funds or materials you would like to contribute please contact Janty Woojuh (jwooj001 at ucr.edu<mailto:jwooj001 at ucr.edu>)

PDD 2024 Interest Form<https://forms.gle/Ut6DSM45zxuZt8Sz5>

--

Botany Graduate Student Association