[Entm-beu] Town hall follow-up and link to comment box

Kerry Mauck kerry.mauck at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 18 09:41:37 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

Thank you to everyone who attended the town hall on Monday to begin a
conversation about building a better department community where all members
feel safe and respected. In trying to structure the event as recommended by
the DEI office, it left little time for direct input from participants and
the DEI committee would like to continue the dialogue through a second
meeting in the near future that includes more time for audience input. To
ensure this is a productive event, the structure will follow the inclusive
meeting guidelines (attached) and we will employ inclusive dialogue cards
(attached).

In preparation for holding a second follow-up meeting, we would appreciate
comments on the previous event and possible agenda items to highlight for
the future event. You can submit your thoughts anonymously via the comment
box we introduced at Monday's town hall. LINK HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSefLaWORfn8DGx6i_CXDrNEnDSDCio1iZmxSRnQJ3mLcONhRg/viewform?usp=sf_link>.
Slides presented on Monday are attached.

More information about a future event will be announced soon. Thank you
again for your participation.

Best,
Kerry Mauck

--
*Dr. Kerry Mauck*
Associate Professor & A.M. Boyce Endowed Chair in Entomology

Pronouns: she/her

Office: Entomology 324
Lab: Entomology 320
Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: 302-242-7948
Email: kerry.mauck at ucr.edu
Google Scholar
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=wt9IkqgAAAAJ&hl=en>
https://maucklab.ucr.edu/

UCR occupies the ancestral lands of the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and
Serrano peoples and we are grateful to have the opportunity to work on
these homelands.