[Entm-beu] answering machines

Gian C Ledesma gian.ledesma at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 5 15:31:36 PDT 2023

Sent on behalf of Dr. Douglas Yanega dyanega at gmail.com<mailto:dyanega at gmail.com>

---

Hi, all.

Anyone trying to call the Museum for the past two weeks has also been unable to leave a message, but I had never received a response from C&C, so was unaware (until I saw Imad's message just now) that this issue affected anyone else.

If you have an answering machine connected to your lab or office landline phone, then I would bet that you, like Imad and I, have only gotten blank messages for the last few weeks, because the callers have hung up.

Imad says that he was able to file a complaint:

"2-4848 then option 5.  Someone will answer then you can go from there and ask to talk to the person in charge, which is what I did."

Maybe, with enough complaints, they will remove this "feature". Otherwise, it looks like our answering machines have to go into the trash.

Peace,

             https://faculty.ucr.edu/~heraty/yanega.html