[Entm-beu] Lightcycler 480

Gian Carlo Ledesma gian.ledesma at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 1 16:10:39 PST 2023

Sent on behalf of Jaimie Kenney jkenn009 at ucr.edu<mailto:jkenn009 at ucr.edu>

The Mauck lab is trying to start using a high-throughput HRM analysis method to genotype psyllid specimens and we're wondering if anyone in the department has the same type of machine used in the study we took our protocol from, a Roche LightCycler 480 real-time PCR instrument. If so, would you be willing to let us use your machine?

I believe the Core Facilities on campus only have BioRad qPCR machines, which would require us to do some complicated conversions of ramp rates, etc. So having access to a LightCycler could significantly reduce the amount of time we'd have to spend troubleshooting to get this protocol working smoothly (plus, I believe the run-time is much shorter than that of the BioRad instruments!).

Thank you,
Jaimie

--
Jaimie Kenney
Ph.D. Candidate - Mauck Lab<http://maucklab.ucr.acsitefactory.com/jaimie-kenney>

UCR occupies the ancestral homelands of the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples; we are grateful to have the opportunity to work on these lands and respectfully acknowledge their original caretakers.