[Entm-beu] Fwd: Can you forward this summer job opportunity to students?

Rick Redak richard.redak at ucr.edu
Mon Jun 5 19:39:01 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Prabhdeep Rai <prai at fundstaff.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 6:41 PM
Subject: Can you forward this summer job opportunity to students?

Hi there,

My name is Prab Rai -  I'm a Campaign Director with Fund for the Public
Interest <http://summerjobsthatmatter.org/>, a national non-profit
organization that runs campaigns with some of the nation’s most prominent
environmental and social change organizations, as well as a UC alumna!

I'm reaching out because we are hiring interested folks to work in our
summer campaign office with Environment California. Their 2 bills working
to save the bees just passed out of the CA Assembly because of the work our
offices have done across the state so far but we need to keep up the
momentum to get it signed into law! So we’re hiring staff to join our team
this summer.

Can you share this brief blurb (below) with students on your email list?
(Attached at the bottom of this email after my signature).

Environment California is a non-profit that works to provide clean air,
clean water, and open spaces. This summer we are prioritizing a campaign to
save the bees by getting the Department of Pesticide Regulation to limit
the use of harmful neonic pesticides. We have had a lot of success in the
past working to commit California to 1 million solar roofs, banning plastic
grocery bags, and forging the path for clean cars. You can read about our
work in the LA Times
<https://publicinterestnetwork-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/2JDIeaLNKJ1LJ-GKkV0aFfrt0fCyvqHBBi0-vi4p-Ojjy12_whgG7IH_-vv6S5lUBOzNOo_Imo2Dv8TpDvxRGiHATZ8KRXz8muKAmCKpxCZOdOvTpz8L7CRwRabK75pVlpKRcVSrwXQKAZjx8PYSDt-eKbXOh5mBKO-hsz0kWDjo-MmIEy4z7aHRGyA_bNtlj_2wkVGz-jif0jCLLSDCZoPCz30p06krj13VggWa5EsgeuBozzTvXzgpXHly4NG-fNSTlyjFu9cF-n3DuV6TxcgFfrihuSVa6GTWYUwK_FZ4BJnQ8_ujVNuhuh2iJe0U_Jg1IOPWTweHIf3E5GdrLYzPJTdcUcrS6Ce7uew6-nYEzHsRer_SUHX7f6ACxlkxfueBoB_VTAaLASmqV-DQT6PVQfHjeT0_gJjUWLZAz8VZiZ3gq1J_NYh8JIjm6jb2UKrOulhwzzGVeFEew6MjK_bZPSx6eOU9KWQgW48wspPN9eXKQwYfcDBLYn10Ls98>
or on our Website
<https://publicinterestnetwork-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/21vYKIbFLD6XQ0DqA1Jj3xRyo0PBEgYwSm0gx54-nhG7112_whgFV_j8aUR8fs5ORQuI7Y3spGwmapRjRVcZXwCNdogRLCd3TqAax47vYcKCKY1fwz0rWu_NsWekwLvFi3jN4hxyii7bLYKao411F-b5DyZ0hptsTa6Cfp8FenIfCW-VYO2O5ibpHjpOXFD8HlNupu4abvlDy0dBhZ_Jb_6UAcgh2fK5LtycAZfj7CwcnuBmLsH_n1P5t8E7Fpf85tM545_VLOIh-YmX1IwApYm4CDLHT9dgUqkiEphYIQyapWgx6NbAoFIxd2YdppQsQ6qiElb8y892r0tmpnTWq2xN8jVlnC7TASnRS_hPN26bDncCpqAMQqGxUrYiikAUNYO18b-XFl8f6DiDI9TlI1gm1z4kFLmAG>
.

I'm excited to meet smart, passionate students from UCR! We've had many
students work with us in the past. All while being paid as members of our
staff, students will gain first-hand experience in grassroots organizing,
learn valuable communication skills and have the opportunity to participate
in a variety of campaign actions including: running media events, coalition
building, canvassing and writing editorials.

[image: image.png]

We got a briefing from Assemblymember Laura Friedman who authored the bill
to reduce plastic waste in e-commerce (our previous campaign!)

We will be coordinating information sessions online. One of the best ways
to inform students about these sessions is through department emails.

Can you share the blurb about our paid summer opportunities (below) with
students tomorrow?

Sincerely,

Prab Rai (she/her)

Assistant Director | Los Angeles

prai at fundstaff.org

(559) 473-5864

[image: image.png]

Summer Campaign Job Opportunities to Protect the Environment:

Want to spend your summer building skills that will help you launch your
career, while working on urgent issues you care about like protecting the
environment and our public health?

Work with Environment California and the Fund for the Public Interest to
Save the Bees! Find out more and apply here!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8MDh8fKY6DXZJVJYyHuBLGG2XNsjCmXsPrB6Ah03MAiLYow/viewform>

You can also call us at (714) 323-2020 to schedule an interview.

Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals with a
passion for social change to fill citizen outreach and Field Manager
positions across the country this summer. With offices in selected cities
across the country this summer, we are hiring full-time summer staff to
work on issues like stopping plastic pollution and getting toxic pesticides
out of our food supply.

   -

   Get experience with leadership and campaign skills
   -

   Educate and engage citizens on pressing issues
   -

   Build grassroots membership and raise money for environmental and social
   change groups

Find out more about summer jobs to protect the environment here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8MDh8fKY6DXZJVJYyHuBLGG2XNsjCmXsPrB6Ah03MAiLYow/viewform>

[image: image.png]

Summer 2022, Campaign event with the Fund, Environment California, and
Assemblymember Isaac Bryan to Save the Bees

prai at fundstaff.org
(559) 473-5864
--
Rick Redak Sent from mobile phone