[Entm-beu] Al Boyce Lecture Nominations

Gian Ledesma gian.ledesma at ucr.edu
Mon Jul 3 11:41:29 PDT 2023

Sent on behalf of Dr. Ysabel Giraldo ysabelg at ucr.edu<mailto:ysabelg at ucr.edu>

Hi all,

I hope everyone's summer is off to a nice start. As chair of the seminar committee, I am now accepting nominations<https://forms.gle/QrSACvmUYr4rGtpNA> for our Al Boyce seminar until July 14. As many of you know, each spring, the department hosts one Al Boyce Seminar, during our regularly scheduled Monday seminar series. This special seminar is in memory of Al Boyce, a renowned entomologist, an early member of the department, back when it was a Citrus Experimental Station, and CNAS's first dean. We welcome nominations from all members of the department. Once I have a list of nominations, I will send out a list for a departmental vote. Please keep in mind, if your nominee is selected, you will be the host (organizing the schedule, making sure that travel is arranged by working with Ash, etc.). If you haven't hosted a speaker before, I will be happy to walk anyone through the details.

Thanks,
Ysabel
--
Ysabel Giraldo, Ph.D.