[Entm-beu] Travel info - per diems for Canada

Ash Rivas ashley.hix at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 22 10:36:41 PST 2022

Good morning Entomologists,

There are a couple of quick-start guides for Concur here https://impact23.ucr.edu/concur-faculty-guidance and attached to this e-mail. There currently aren't instructions on the Impact23 site about how to add per diem meals and incidentals to a foreign trip. I'm happy to help everyone with this process, but if you are filling out a trip and are stuck here are some basic steps for using per diem:

Once you have an expense report created from your request, you'd click on "Travel Allowance". For Canada everything will be Foreign and Incurred by Traveler. We'd use OCONUS for our locations that are still considered "domestic", but are outside the contiguous United States like Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or any other U.S. territories.

[cid:image006.png at 01D8FE5C.4AAE4190]

When you click manage allowances you get a big blank page where you have to enter your itinerary. This is going to automatically fill in meals based on your location and dates. You'll have the option to exclude days or meals, and to reduce to a specific amount using a different "expense" type.

[cid:image007.png at 01D8FE5C.4AAE4190]

It's ok if your times aren't exact, as long as the days are there (round trip):
[cid:image001.png at 01D8FE5C.A6B25120] [cid:image003.png at 01D8FE5C.A6B25120]

When you click "next" at the bottom you'll be shown all your possible dates and meals. You can use the checkboxes to exclude days or meals to get it as close to your actual costs as possible and then click "create expenses" and it will auto populate to your trip.

[cid:image008.png at 01D8FE5D.40CAB630]

[cid:image009.png at 01D8FE5D.40CAB630]

Then if you're still above the amount of your actual meal and incidental costs, you can "add expense", "create new expense" and use Per Diem Reduction in a negative amount to adjust it down if needed.

[cid:image011.png at 01D8FE5D.40CAB630]

[cid:image005.png at 01D8FE5D.F761E030]

This whole process also sets up per diem amounts for lodging, however it does not auto populate like it does for meals. You'd add your lodging as an expense and while doing so there is a little checkbox to "add to GSA limit" that should be checked. You should not need receipts for meals or lodging while using a foreign per diem, but please let me know if you run into any problems.

Sincerely,

[Cobweb with solid fill]Ash Rivas (she/her)
Travel Coordinator & Chair's Assistant
Entomology Building #167
Office Phone: (951) 827-5192
E-mail: ashley.hix at ucr.edu<mailto:ashley.hix at ucr.edu>