[Entm-beu] FERM Quarterly Meeting Reminder

Gian Carlo Ledesma gian.ledesma at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 3 09:14:21 PDT 2022

Sent on behalf of Douglas Yanega dyanega at gmail.com<mailto:dyanega at gmail.com>

----

Hi, all. This is a reminder that there is a FERM Quarterly Meeting tonight, November 3rd. The meeting will begin at 5 PM in the Large Conference Room.

The speakers will be Doug Yanega, talking about native planthopper research and biogeography, and John Heraty, talking about hunting microwasps in Hawaii.

We will provide pizza (including vegetarian options) and beverages, as usual, but need to know how many people want to attend so we can plan accordingly: PLEASE send an RSVP to dyanega at gmail.com<mailto:dyanega at gmail.com> stating if you plan to attend.

If all goes well, we expect to have food available at 5, and talks should start by 6. Feel free to bring along non-pizza food or other beverages if you are inclined, but please let us know in advance.
For those of you unable to attend but still interested, John Heraty has offered to host a Zoom link to expand the audience.

https://ucr.zoom.us/j/93722285484?pwd=NjIxTFRLbDd5ZWM0b0ZxcEw5bVNyQT09

The talks won't be starting until some time between 5:30 and 6 (if the pizza is behind schedule, probably closer to 6), the link should be activated somewhere in that interval.

Also, if you do listen to the talks via Zoom, I would GREATLY appreciate feedback on how well it worked for you. Since it may be done for future meetings, we want to know if there are any technical issues or things that could be improved.

Peace,

             https://faculty.ucr.edu/~heraty/yanega.html