[Entm-beu] FW (travel): states added to AB 1887 prohibition

Ash Rivas ashley.hix at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 1 10:46:46 PDT 2022

Hello Entomologists,

Georgia has recently been added to the AB1887 restriction list. Please also take note that Arizona was added, as it's nearby we do travel there on occasion.

The most recent information regarding the AB 1887 Act and why it exists can be found here: https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887. Please let me know if you have any questions.

As a reminder California asks that we do not spend state funds to travel to the following locations due to discriminatory laws being active in these states. We can still go to these locations using other funds, or with some limited exceptions.

The full current list:

  1.  Alabama
  2.  Arizona
  3.  Arkansas
  4.  Florida
  5.  Georgia
  6.  Idaho
  7.  Indiana
  8.  Iowa
  9.  Kansas
  10. Kentucky
  11. Louisiana
  12. Mississippi
  13. Montana
  14. North Carolina
  15. North Dakota
  16. Ohio
  17. Oklahoma
  18. South Carolina
  19. South Dakota
  20. Tennessee
  21. Texas
  22. Utah
  23. West Virginia

Sincerely,

[Cobweb with solid fill]Ash Rivas (she/her)
Travel Coordinator & Chair's Assistant
Entomology Building #167
Office Phone: (951) 827-5192
E-mail: ashley.hix at ucr.edu<mailto:ashley.hix at ucr.edu>