[Entm-beu] Departmental Survey

Rick Redak richard.redak at ucr.edu
Thu May 5 16:51:17 PDT 2022

Hey Everybody,

The response rate on this survey is pretty low.  Please take a very few
minutes and fill out the survey.  It is totally anonymous and will go a
long way to helping me identify any emerging problems (if any!). Thanks in
advance.

Below is the verbiage you have already received from our DEI Committee
along with  the survey link.

The Department of Entomology at UCR is committed to improving diversity,
inclusion, and creating a welcoming environment. To ensure we are making
progress toward these goals, the Department Inclusivity Committee designed
a brief survey to assess Department climate.

Data collected from this survey will be kept confidential and will only be
reported in aggregate form with no identifying information. The Inclusivity
Committee will review results to develop recommendations and identify
actions we can take to improve the Department environment for all. We
highly value your opinions; this survey is the only comprehensive source
for the Inclusivity Committee to gauge the opinions of all Department
members. We designed the survey to broadly measure various aspects of the
work environment. However, it is only one component of a larger effort to
improve the Department climate.

The survey should take about 5 minutes to complete via Qualtrics (
https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ki7tBgF75ZOuIC).

If you have any technical questions related to taking the survey, please
contact Kerry Mauck at kerry.mauck at ucr.edu. For more information about
actions you can take to improve department climate, please visit the Climate
Resources <https://diversity.ucr.edu/climate-resources> page created by the UCR
Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion <https://diversity.ucr.edu/>.

Rick Redak, Professor & Chair
Department of Entomology