[Entm-beu] iDigBio Summer Internship Program

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 16 09:07:30 PST 2022

The following message has been forwarded on behalf of Dr. S. Hollis Woodard.

Please help us spread the word about the iDigBio Summer Internship Program!

The iDigBio Summer Internship Program (iDB-SIP) is an NSF-funded activity geared towards providing authentic research opportunities in natural history collections for undergraduates. These internships will provide funding for undergraduate students from accredited institutions to work within a partnering natural history collection (see below for our 2022 partners) over an 8-week period during the summer of 2022. Interns will be expected to help with the digitization, curation, and research efforts in their lab, with options to complete their own research project. Interns will participate in virtual and in-person meet-ups with their cohort to build professional skills including, but not limited to: grant writing, scientific poster designs, and scientific writing throughout their cohort year (April - December 2022). Interns will also receive funding to attend a professional meeting in 2023 to disseminate their research and experience to the greater science community. Interns will also have the option to participate as peer mentors for subsequent cohorts.

Our partnering Institutions for 2022 are:

1. Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida, Gainesville FL

2. Field Museum, Chicago, IL

3. University of California Museum of Paleontology, Berkeley, CA

4. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

Although we have funding for stipends and conference travel we do not have housing or relocation funding, so please be mindful of logistics as you apply!

The application period is now open and will close on March 11, 2022, 11:59pm ET. Find more details about the participating collections and apply here: https://www.idigbio.org/content/idigbio-natural-history-collections-summer-internship-2022

Please reach out with any questions: idigbiointernships at floridamuseum.ufl.edu<mailto:idigbiointernships at floridamuseum.ufl.edu>

Molly Phillips (she/her/hers)

iDigBio Education, Outreach, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator

Florida Museum of Natural History

University of Florida

mphillips at flmnh.ufl.edu<mailto:mphillips at flmnh.ufl.edu>

www.idigbio.org<http://www.idigbio.org>

www.biodiversityliteracy.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biodiversityliteracy.com&d=DwMFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=649moWzI9k3As6cIGC0ehH4Hxrhlht7FIPkEhnZYvTw&m=-8wfKCs9PSWgAkBRtHWQEzIddyItTt5dBW7z6pKtqlCqITFfHw-BCF5Gp7wbJHn2&s=l8mPe3YG2Ku510PC_GpPpnRL-PSNELQlniaU2MY1e94&e=>

www.idigtrio.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.idigtrio.org&d=DwMFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=649moWzI9k3As6cIGC0ehH4Hxrhlht7FIPkEhnZYvTw&m=-8wfKCs9PSWgAkBRtHWQEzIddyItTt5dBW7z6pKtqlCqITFfHw-BCF5Gp7wbJHn2&s=4mzc1owlU-pEX20lwouWf6geOA9ylQ4bCCbZwcPV5Zs&e=>

Dr. S. Hollis Woodard

Assistant Professor
Department of Entomology
University of California, Riverside