[Entm-beu] T-shirt Design Contest

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 1 09:11:19 PST 2022

The following message has been forwarded on behalf of Meghan Moore.

Hello all!

EGSA would like to announce that we are starting our annual Entomology department t-shirt design contest!

For those who don't know, every year we host a contest where students and faculty can submit design ideas they would like to see on t-shirts. There are two categories for designs, adult designs and children designs. Once the submission deadline passes, we then vote on two winners (one adult design and one children's design) and the winning designs will be printed on our next order of shirts (also potentially stickers, glasses/mugs, masks, etc). The person who created/suggested the winning design will get a free shirt and a $15 merch credit.

To submit your design please email Meghan Moore (mmoor049 at ucr.edu<mailto:mmoor049 at ucr.edu>) by Feb 28th. If you are concerned about your artistic abilities, no worries! Submit your ideas or rough designs and we can have our team of highly talented artists clean up the design. We would love to see everyone's ideas!

When thinking of ideas here are some things to consider:
1.    If there are fewer colors the easier and cheaper it is to print
2.    For UCR and local events people enjoy seeing UCR and Riverside on the shirt. When we take our shirts to conferences people enjoy seeing more generalized shirts
3.    Design in whatever medium is easiest for you. We can digitize hand-drawn designs
4.    Designs approximately fit a standard sheet of printer paper (8.5x11) when printed. Sometimes very small details do not translate well when printing.
5.    If the design has a blank, empty, or transparent background it makes printing easier and makes the design look and feel less like plastic.
If you have any concerns or questions feel free to reach out to me! Good luck everyone and have fun!

Thanks,
Meghan