[Entm-beu] Content for Entomology TV: need YOUR help!!

Christiane Weirauch christiane.weirauch at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 30 16:18:55 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

Eight months (!) after the medals have been cleared from the display cases
in the lobby, we are only 2-3 weeks away from unveiling the new displays.
We just received a TV that will be mounted in one of the cases and be on a
continuous loop to show off the amazing research and teaching in our
department and share our excitement about insects.

*And I need your help with content. By "you", I mean undergraduate and
graduate students, staff, and faculty.* In short, the sky's the limit as
long as files are saved as jpg or video files, in landscape format, and
deposited in the Entomology lobby TV Google Drive
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cdv363nAz9FoRGWaO36igl0jgj5F10ch?usp=sharing>
(please let me know if you have trouble depositing files).

For example, think photos and videos that introduce individual labs (big
photos, little text), EGSA and BEUSA, new and especially student-led
publications, the Entomology Research Museum and other facilities,
stunning insect photos, photos from the field or the lab (with super short
legend), one-slide infographics-type displays telling visitors to the
department about insects, QR codes on some photos for people who want to
know more, etc., etc. Please label your file with your last name, a couple
of keywords, and the date of deposition. Also please make sure to include
photo/video credits where appropriate.

Please deposit your files by *September 15th*. I am planning on updating
the TV about once a month.

Best wishes, and thanks in advance, Christiane
--
Christiane Weirauch
Professor of Entomology

Ph: 951-827-5707
Email: christiane.weirauch at ucr.edu <Christiane.weirauch at ucr.edu>
https://profiles.ucr.edu/christiane.weirauch
Center for Integrative Biological Collections http://cibc.ucr.edu/
Editor, Systematic Entomology
<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1365-3113>
President, International Heteropterists' Society (2022-2026)