[Entm-beu] Departmental DEI event and survey

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 29 08:19:09 PDT 2022

The following message has been forwarded on behalf of Dr. S. Hollis Woodard.

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the departmental Inclusivity Committee I wanted to share two things:

(1) We will be having an open (department-wide) meeting next week on Wednesday, May 4 at 11-12 in the Large Conference Room. We will be discussing the progress and goals of the committee and also a new departmental climate survey (see below). Everyone is welcome to join.

(2) The Department of Entomology at UCR is committed to improving diversity, inclusion, and creating a welcoming environment. To ensure we are making progress toward these goals, the Department Inclusivity Committee designed a brief survey to assess Department climate.

Data collected from this survey will be kept confidential and will only be reported in aggregate form with no identifying information. The Inclusivity Committee will review results to develop recommendations and identify actions we can take to improve the Department environment for all. We highly value your opinions; this survey is the only comprehensive source for the Inclusivity Committee to gauge the opinions of all Department members. We designed the survey to broadly measure various aspects of the work environment. However, it is only one component of a larger effort to improve the Department climate.

The survey should take about 5 minutes to complete via Qualtrics (https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ki7tBgF75ZOuIC).

If you have any technical questions related to taking the survey, please contact Kerry Mauck at kerry.mauck at ucr.edu<mailto:kerry.mauck at ucr.edu>. For more information about actions you can take to improve department climate, please visit the Climate Resources<https://diversity.ucr.edu/climate-resources> page created by the UCR Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion<https://diversity.ucr.edu/>.

Thank you,

Hollis

--

Dr. S. Hollis Woodard