[Entm-beu] Fwd: SciComm Student Competition Flyer

Rick Redak richard.redak at ucr.edu
Mon Sep 27 19:06:36 PDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Miranda Vinay <mvina001 at ucr.edu>
Date: Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 6:19 PM
Subject: SciComm Student Competition Flyer
To: Richard Redak <redak at ucr.edu>
Cc: Hannah Chu <hchu036 at ucr.edu>

Hello Dr. Redak,

I hope this email finds you well. Could you please distribute the following
opportunity flyer to your graduate and undergraduate students?

Thank you,

Miranda

P.S. If the physics department would like to make a contribution to this
competition, we are asking for $200-$350! This contribution is *NOT*
necessary for Physics students to be eligible for the event, but does help
us greatly.

-- The Flyer --

[image: SciComm_comp.png]
*Alt text: Left Panel: SciComm at UCR Student Video Competition. Make a 3-5
minute video about your research. Deadline: Friday, Nov 12 2021.
Eligibility, UCR Undergraduate and graduate students conducting STEM
research.  Email: scicommucr. at gmail.com <scicommucr. at gmail.com>. Right
panel: Science for the public by researchers like you: -showcase your work
& tell us why we should care - educate the public (think your friends &
family!) - practice your communication skills - feature on the SciComm at UCR
Youtube channel and over $3000 in prizes | Sponsors: HDR, The Solis Group,
Nature, Elsevier, UCR Office of the Provost, Student Affairs, Dean of
Graduate Division, CNAS Office of the Dean, BCOE Office of the Dean.
Departments of Psychology, Entomology, Earth and Planetary Sciences,
Chemistry*

--
Miranda Vinay, MSc.
PhD Candidate