[Entm-beu] respect

John Heraty heraty at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 23 22:20:44 PDT 2021

Dear all,

Today I came across a student in the foyer that was talking on a phone and not wearing a mask. I told her that indoors a mask was required and she respectfully put on her mask.

I heard of another incident of a grad student encountering an undergraduate (?) without a mask in the building and they kindly mentioned to them that a mask was required indoors. The response was  "thanks for the info bitXX…” and then walked away without a mask.

I think it is important that in all of our classes that we cite the policy of masks indoors, and that everyone be respectful of others and consider the implications of encountering people that may be at risk.

All the best,

John Heraty