[Entm-beu] Inclusivity Scholarship Fund Raising

John Heraty heraty at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 22 16:50:58 PST 2021

Dear all,

The UCR Entomology endowed inclusivity fund is currently just above $47,000.

Just a gentle reminder as we approach thanksgiving and the end of this tax donation year…. please consider donating to our inclusivity fund. Remember that as of now, every dollar is matched by an anonymous donor. The link is below.
Last year we raised $25K in a month! If we did that again, we could pretty easily go above the $100,000 mark! Then we have a fund that can truly make a difference!

Have fun and dig deep :-)

John Heraty

UCR Inclusivity Scholarship Challenge

In 2020, the Department of Entomology raised over $37,000 through a grassroots effort to create a permanently endowed scholarship for underrepresented students. We have already awarded funding to our first scholar (Ariana Sanchez)! <https://insideucr.ucr.edu/awards/2021/07/09/entomology-department-names-first-ever-inclusivity-scholar> We now have a novel opportunity this year to greatly build the fund even more. Starting October 4, 2021, the UCR Trustee Student Support Challenge Fund will match every gift made towards a student support fund 1:1 from $5 to a maximum of $500,000 for each donation! Every dollar that we contribute to our inclusivity scholarship will be doubled in value, so please consider making a new donation and help us to grow this fund to great heights! The campaign drive starts Monday, October 4th and our goal is make all of our contributions before December 31, 2021 to guarantee access to the match.

Note that Charitable Gift Annuities (CGT) and Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRT) also count for the matching funds. This involves giving your money to UCR and then they pay you a guaranteed income for life. This is a great way to plan and double your estate charitable contributions. For details contact DuBron Rabb (Director of Development; dubron.rabb at ucr.edu).

Donations: https://entomology.ucr.edu/advancing-inclusivity-entomology-scholarship <https://entomology.ucr.edu/advancing-inclusivity-entomology-scholarship>