[Entm-beu] EGSA Outstanding Staff, Faculty, and EGSA Member Awards!

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:32:43 PDT 2021

The following message forwarded on behalf of Laura Leger.

Hello fellow entomology enthusiasts,

Normally EGSA would hold an end-of-year social where we celebrate the end of the academic year and unwind before a summer of research-focused work.

Here, we would announce our Outstanding Faculty, Staff, and EGSA Member Awards, but since we are still unable to safely gather together, I will do this via email.

Every year EGSA nominates Faculty, Staff, and EGSA members to receive an award to show our appreciation for all of the hard work our department does.

I am so happy to announce the winners of this year's Outstanding Awards:

This year's Outstanding Staff Member Award goes to Kristal Watrous!
Kristal has worked in many of our labs over the years and is always ready to help out. She is very kind-hearted and supportive of all those who know her; she goes above and beyond for all those around her.

This year's Outstanding Faculty Member award goes to Erin Wilson-Rankin!
Despite being on sabbatical this past academic year, Erin served on numerous student committees. Additionally, she received the Academic Senate teaching award this year, and deserves recognition for her role in starting up the Combined B.S.+M.S. program in the Department.

And lastly, this year's Outstanding EGSA Member Award goes to Mari West!
Without Mari, insect fair wouldn't have happened or would have been super reduced. Not only did she wrangle our dept into making videos, and participated in the live panels as a moderator as well as a panelist, she also met with the city rep every week for ~2 months to make the event happen. She puts in 100% into supporting our department and our grad students, and deserves this award.
Congratulations to this year's winners and thank you all for the hard work you do every day!

It has been such an honor and a pleasure to serve as EGSA president despite the many challenges we have faced as a community this year. I am excited to announce that Ben Nyman will be EGSA president next year. I have no doubt that he will serve us well.

Thank you all so much,
Laura