[Entm-beu] Riverside Insect Fair Next Week!!

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 9 15:01:19 PDT 2021

The following message forwarded on behalf of Mari West.

Hi Everyone,
The Virtual Riverside Insect Fair is next week (April 12-18)!!! Thank you so much to everyone that has contributed videos or will be participating in the live videos next week! We really appreciate it!
If you would like to participate, check out the website<https://riversideca.gov/insectfair>, where you can find the schedule of events, biographies for participants, activities, and more! Pre-recorded videos will be posted on the website at 8 am on their scheduled days and will remain up through the week (and, likely, the rest of the year). RUSD and AUSD middle- and high-school students will have direct access to the zoom links for our live videos. Live videos will also be streamed on social media for the general public and will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube after the event. In addition, if you feel like getting outside for some bug-hunting, the Museum of Riverside will be hosting an Arthro-Blitz<https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/riverside-bug-out> via iNaturalist throughout the week.
The City of Riverside and our graduate student team have put a ton of effort into planning this event. Contributors include the Riverside Public Library, the Museum of Riverside, Riverside GTV, Riverside Parks & Rec, Northwest Vector Control, local artists and chefs, and many behind-the-scenes folks, without whom this event would not be possible. Although the event is not in-person this year, the city organizers have managed to secure a hefty budget for upcoming years by spending this year’s budget on hundreds of books, seed packets, craft packages, and giveaways that will be distributed throughout our community. Thank you to all those involved!
Please feel free to share the event details with friends and family. The benefit of a virtual event this year is that anyone can participate from anywhere!
With appreciation and excitement,
Mari West & Tessa Shates
Co-Chairs, EGSA Fundraising & Events Committee