[Entm-beu] Bicycles for sale

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 5 13:09:55 PDT 2020

The following message forwarded on behalf of Jaimie Kenney. Please send responses to jkenn009 at ucr.edu<mailto:jkenn009 at ucr.edu>.

For sale are a vintage 1980's touring bike and an entry-level cyclocross bike best suited for riders within an inch or two of 5'7". These bikes have served me well on many adventures and daily commutes,  but I'm looking to replace them with a new gravel bike that can do it all. Both bikes have been meticulously maintained by my mechanical engineer partner and recently tuned up.

1980's Nashbar Toure Alpha 5000 (52 cm) $300 or best offer
[IMG_4660.JPG]
Unique vintage steel touring bike set up with a rear rack for panniers, new brake hoods, bar tape, cables, cable housing, new women's specific saddle, and cyclocross tires for dirt/gravel capabilities. I've used for commuting, grocery shopping, and several backroads bike camping trips, most recently on Catalina Island. It's a pretty versatile and reliable workhorse. Does not include pedals.

2009 Redline Conquest Pro (52 cm) $400 or best offer
[IMG_4658.JPG]
This bike is an excellent value entry level aluminum cyclocross bike for anyone interested in riding on rougher paved/unpaved roads/mellow singletrack and going fast! I've won a gravel century ride on it, and explored several local fire roads in the San Gabriel and Santa Ana Mountains (but you really have to enjoy getting a serious workout uphill). It would also be great for commuting or riding on the Santa Ana River Trail, as the wider tires smooth out the ride without costing you too much speed. Very light, fast, and fun for a rider that doesn't want to be limited to pavement!

Feel free to distribute throughout the wider UCR community. If interested please email Jaimie at: jkenn009 at ucr.edu<mailto:jkenn009 at ucr.edu>

Jaimie Kenney
Ph.D. Student - Mauck Lab<http://maucklab.ucr.acsitefactory.com/jaimie-kenney>
Department of Entomology | University of California, Riverside
jkenn009 at ucr.edu<mailto:jkenn009 at ucr.edu>