[Entm-beu] Fwd: Job Opportunities for Students In Your Department

Richard Redak redak at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 12 11:03:45 PST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kathryn Gonzalez-Valle <kgonzalez-valle at calpirgstudents.org>
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:02 AM
Subject: Job Opportunities for Students In Your Department
To: Richard Redak <richard.redak at ucr.edu>

Hello,

My name is Kathryn, and I’m a Campus Organizer with the CALPIRG at UCR. I
hope this email finds you well.

*I am reaching out to you again because we are currently hiring graduating
seniors for full time organizing positions. I thought students from your
department would be a great fit!*

For the past 40 years we have been working on college campuses to amplify
the power of student activism. We just wrapped up our New Voters Project
Campaign where our activities shifted from clipboards to Google docs; and
from holding signs at in-person rallies to speaking in front of virtual
backgrounds on Zoom calls, we were still able to reach over 366,000
students to make sure they had vote plans and cast their ballots.

You can learn more about our organizing efforts here
<https://publicinterestnetwork-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1iWnQl9QtH3jZfTMWMeJkRlu-WL8OWqgXr2reL-EH3Qo-1686067894&key=YAMMID-07764627&link=https%3A%2F%2Fstudentpirgs.org%2F>.
At this time, due to COVID-19 we are working remotely, which means we are
trying to connect to campuses virtually as opposed to our normal on campus
recruitment. We are looking to connect with more faculty to spread the word
about our full time job opportunities to graduating seniors on campus.

In past years, we’ve found UCR students to be great candidates for our
organization, so I am offering virtual conversations so that students can
still have the opportunity to connect with us and have an opportunity to
apply.

I was hoping to reach seniors in your department by having you send out a
listserv announcement with our job description next week- would that be
possible? I have attached the message below.

Thanks for your help! If you could let me know if you sent the message that
would be great!

Best,

Kathryn

Campus Organizer

CALPIRG

CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR GRADUATING SENIORS:

Take your first step for a career in advocacy by applying for a full time
position
<https://publicinterestnetwork-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1iWnQl9QtH3jZfTMWMeJkRlu-WL8OWqgXr2reL-EH3Qo-1686067894&key=YAMMID-07764627&link=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.studentpirgs.org%2F>with
the Student PIRGs. This job gives recent graduates the opportunity to work
with great people, gain real skills, and start making a difference on
important issues right away!

Students are often at the forefront of movements to build a better future
for our country. Whether or not those students make real progress depends
on whether they are organized, have the skills to be effective and a
strategic plan to get things done.For almost 50 years the Student PIRGs
have gotten results, by recruiting, training and working alongside student
activists on campaigns that make a difference.

The Student PIRGs set out to increase youth voter turnout this Election
cycle and organized youth mobilization campaigns in states across the
country. Our efforts recruited more than 2,000 student leaders that helped
make over 360,000 GOTV contacts to make sure students were heard on
Election Day.The numbers are still coming in, but we know lots of young
people have turned out! Our chapters on campuses across the country  will
now continue to provide the resources students need to tackle climate
change, protect public health, revitalize our democracy, feed the hungry
and more.

If you are ready to make a difference after graduation- apply now.
<https://publicinterestnetwork-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1iWnQl9QtH3jZfTMWMeJkRlu-WL8OWqgXr2reL-EH3Qo-1686067894&key=YAMMID-07764627&link=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.studentpirgs.org%2Fapply.html>

What you’ll do

Our Organizers provide students the training and resources needed to become
movement leaders by recruiting volunteers, training potential leaders to
take on more responsibility and doing campaign work themselves.

Responsibilities include:

   -

   Inspiring and recruiting hundreds of students to take action on
   important issues.
   -

   Training students to be effective social change leaders so they can run
   strategic campaigns, using skills like organizing news conferences,
   building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support, and coordinating
   lobby days.
   -

   Building a strong, sustainable, student-funded, and student-run
   organization on campus by fundraising, building relationships with key
   players on campus, and building our brand.
   -

   Building relationships with other student groups, faculty and
   administrators.

   -

   Working alongside students to win real reforms for the public.

   -

   Running a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll
   recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues.

To Apply

Apply today at jobs.StudentPIRGs.org
<https://publicinterestnetwork-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1iWnQl9QtH3jZfTMWMeJkRlu-WL8OWqgXr2reL-EH3Qo-1686067894&key=YAMMID-07764627&link=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.studentpirgs.org%2F>.
We are hiring for positions starting in August 2021. Immediate positions
also available.

--

Kathryn Gonzalez-Valle
CALPIRG Students Campus Organizer