UWP Lecturers FW: Seeking to hire English Teachers

Teri Carter teri.carter at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 7 08:48:25 PDT 2012

FYI Only.

Teri A. Carter
Student Affairs
University Writing Program
University of California, Riverside
(951) 827-1453
(951) 827-7761 (fax)

From: Tina Feldmann
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:41 AM
To: Teri Carter
Subject: FW: Seeking to hire English Teachers

Teri -

Would you please also forward this to UWP Lecturer faculty?
I'm sending it to the grads.
Thanks

Tina Feldmann
Graduate Student Advisor
Department of English
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA  92521-0323
office: (951) 827-1454
FAX:   (951) 827-3967

Subject: Seeking to hire English Teachers
Dear Professor:

I am looking to hire English instructors and would appreciate any referral you may have.  An adjunct professor or graduate student would be ideal.  The following is a bit of information about our school and the positions offered.  Your time and effort is greatly valued.

Founded in 1987, ACI is an established private educational institute dedicated to the advancement of today's youth. We provide academic services in subjects in math, English, history, and science for second to twelve graders. We are committed to our student's excellence and academic performance.

Currently, we are seeking English instructors to join our team of lively and engaging instructors in the Rowland Heights and Hacienda Heights Campus. Teacher will handle a small classroom of 8-18 students. Candidates should be able to commit to at most 19-weeks of instruction- from August 27, 2012 - January 19, 2012.

The classes and times are as follows:

          Elementary or Middle school English          MWF               3:00 - 6:00 PM
          Elementary or Middle school English          Tue/Thur/Fri     3:00 - 6:00 PM
          Middle School English                              Saturday         10:00 - 5:00 PM
          High School Honors English                      MWF               3:00 - 6:00 PM
          High School Honors English                      Tues/Thurs/Fri  3:00 - 6:00 PM
          SAT I Verbal                                          Saturday          8:30 -  noon

Candidates should have at least 6 months of classroom experience in teaching, preferably instruction in English. Additional hours may be offered to the applicant if the teacher demonstrates strong teaching skills or great potential. Applicants will be required to take a diagnostic test in the subject they are interviewing for. Candidate must also have reliable transportation.

Selected candidates will receive comprehensive training, curriculum and continued support from the regional director as well as other experienced instructors. Starting rate is $17-$25 per hour but actual rate will be determined on experience.

Applicants can email their résumés to acirhresumes at hotmail.com<mailto:acirhresumes at hotmail.com> or call me at (626) 913-1242.  More information about our academic institution can be reviewed at www.aciprep.com<http://www.aciprep.com/>

Thank you,

Kimberly Chan
Executive Director
ACI