UWP Lecturers 2011 Placement Committee

Joshua Fenton joshuaf at ucr.edu
Sun May 29 14:46:58 PDT 2011

Hello All,

As the school year begins to come to an end, I invite experienced lecturers
to serve on the  placement committee this coming June.  The placement
committee reads all AWPEs for incoming ELWR students to decide which basic
writing course would best meet their needs.  With your expertise in this
area, we can ensure that both students and instructors can maximize the
benefits in their classes next year.

We are tentatively scheduled to place incoming AWPEs from Monday, June
13thto Saturday the 18th
.   We will begin the week with a required norming session and then proceed
to place all of the essays.  *Access to a computer with internet access is
required since all placement will take place online.*  Lecturers with
experience teaching basic writing courses and/or those that have attended
the AWPE scoring sessions at Berkeley in the past three years or online this
year are preferred.

If you are interested, please contact me off the listserve at
joshuaf at ucr.edu or fentonjp at gmail.com.

Best,

Joshua Fenton