UWP Lecturers ELWR tutor available

lstrahan at ucr.edu lstrahan at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 7 11:30:01 PST 2011

Dear Instructors,

This quarter we have a tutor to work with ELWR students needing extra help.  Monica is prepared to assist students at any stage of the writing process and to work with them on their grammar issues.  I am attaching to this email a referral form that you can use if you wish to refer a student to her for a particular problem.  Students, of course, are free to choose on their own to come and work with Monica.

Monica has designed a sign up sheet using the university's r-mail.  Students can also come in person to sign up.  I think it would be helpful if Monica came to classes and handed out fliers with instructions regarding sign up and tutoring.  She would need about 5 minutes of your class time.  She will begin visiting classrooms next week.  If you do not wish her to come to your class, please email us both, and we will remove your class from the schedule.

I think we are fortunate to be able to offer this service to your students and know a session with Monica would benefit each and everyone of them.  Please encourage them to make use of this opportunity.

Linda