UWP Lecturers Book selection ballots

lstrahan at ucr.edu lstrahan at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 22 13:13:56 PDT 2011

Dear Instructors,

Thank you for all the thought that went into your nominations.  I have included as many of your suggestions as possible.  If the book has traditionally been used in the English 1 series, I did not include it on the list; otherwise any texts that fit the criteria, as outlined by John Briggs, are on the list attached.

Please print out the ballot below and take some time to familiarize yourself with any unfamiliar texts that interest you before casting your vote.

Thanks again for your help.
Linda

Please cast your vote by circling your two top selections from the nominated list of  texts  below and returning your ballot to me by May 4, 2011

Looking Backward		Edward Bellamy
The Marching Morons		Cyril Kornbluth
The Monkey Wrench Gang	        Edward Abbey
Collapse			Jared Daimond
Herland				Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Omnivore’s Dilemma		Michael Pollan
Founding Gardeners		Andrea Wolf