UWP Lecturers FW: Dog & Cat Food Donations

Teri Carter teri.carter at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 19 13:27:01 PDT 2010

To all those animal lovers J  I have been asked to forward this e-mail from
an anonymous person.  If you would like to contribute, we will be glad to
take your donations and our anonymous person will deliver the dog/cat food
to Project Food each week.

Homeless people and those enduring "food instability" are struggling to feed
their families.

They are also struggling to feed their animals.

Project Food, a soup kitchen in Riverside, feeds the homeless and hungry
every Wednesday, year-round.   They collect canned goods and clothing as
well to distribute as needed.

They have also begun distributing dog food, puppy food, and cat food to the
homeless and struggling residents of Riverside.  These people are trying
desperately to keep their animals, to avoid having to relinquish them to the
pound or to abandon them to the streets of Riverside.  Sometimes an animal
is their only companion, protection, and attachment to the life they've left
behind.

If you can contribute anything, whether money or a bag of food, please give
it to Teri or Jill.

It will be put to good use, and it will save the life of innocent animals.

Thank you!