UWP Lecturers Majority Budget Act petition

Mary Cummins marycaroline7 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:10:43 PST 2010

Hi folks,

I'm collecting signatures for the Majority Budget Act petition that is being circulated by CFT.  It would end the supermajority rule in the state legislature, allowing the state budget to be passed by a simple majority.  This is an issue that has been very important to me.  If anyone is interested in signing the petition, please come by my office hours (HMNSS 2112, MWF from 2-3 p.m.) to sign.  Also, I will place a copy in my mailbox in the UWP for anyone to sign.  A few rules -- you must be a registered CA voter, and you must sign the petition for your county only.  In my box, I have placed one petition for Riverside County and separate ones for Orange and L.A. counties.  Also, here is a link with more info about the initiative:

http://www.cft.org/index.php/political.html

Thanks,

Mary Cummins