UWP Lecturers Social Security E-Mail Scam

Benedict Jones benedict.k.jones at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 15:20:09 PDT 2010

Hi, everyone. I just received a couple of messages in my campus Webmail with
the subject line "Review Your Annual Social Security Statement." I know that
the SSA does not have my e-mail address, so I deleted the messages without
opening them. But I could easily have been caught off guard because I get
pay stubs, tax info, and other sensitive e-mails in my Webmail. If you get
one of these Social Security messages, do not open it. It apparently
contains a virus.

Benedict