UWP Lecturers Summer session Eng 4 stuff

Jenni Keys jennifer.keys at email.ucr.edu
Fri Jul 23 19:41:25 PDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

I apologize for the invasion of your summer session
break.  I am hoping to clarify a situation regarding
summer session courses.

Has anyone been offered a tentative class starting
on Monday (this happened a month ago and was pending
enrollment and all the other usual stuff), not have
the class appear on the schedule of classes, and
receive an email from "Blackboard 9 Administrator"
this afternoon advising you that the course website
is available?  I'm quite at a loss because up until
last week I have placed calls and emailed parties
who should be in-the-know to determine the status of
the course (with no returned calls or emails).  I
have students enrolled (according to Blackboard),
received no contract, and have NO IDEA if the class
is still offered at the tentatively proposed time (8
in the a.m.) or where the class meets.

Honestly, given that a couple classes appear to have
been cancelled, I assumed that the tentative one was
as well.  However, given that Gradebook indicates
students are students enrolled, I fear this is an
incorrect assumption.  iLearn is usually very good
at removing students when they have been dropped
from (or they choose to drop) the course.

What a mess!  Any insight appreciated.

Jenni