UWP Lecturers plagiarism vs. sampling/mixing?

John Stamp john.stamp at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 12 20:59:05 PST 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010 08:45:20 am mattmur at ucr.edu wrote:
> Is it time to rethink traditional notions of "ownership," in the
>  "information age"? Will the notion of plagiarism eventually become
>  extinct? Will "ownership" of information be dismissed as egotism? Of
>  course, I'm sure Hegemann DOES want to keep the royalties on her
>  novel...
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/12/world/europe/12germany.html?hp

Yeah, and I suspect that she or her publisher have claimed copyright
over the entire book.  It all sounds a bit self-serving to me: copyright
for me, not for you.

BTW: The story also made it on Slashdot today.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/02/12/1832257/Is-Plagiarism-In-Literature-Just-Sampling

BBTW:  Copyright © 2010 John Stamp