UWP Lecturers A Question about Sight and Blindness in Literature

carol.downey at charter.net carol.downey at charter.net
Thu Sep 3 20:27:20 PDT 2009

Hi Cheri,
Do you recall the name of the old Goldy Hawn Movie (1960's- 70's)-about a blind male character who played opposite Goldy's lead? Perhaps "Butterflies are Free"?
Best,
Carol Downey
PS There is also a blind man in Matthew Arnold's "Empedecles on Etna" and, of course, there is the blinding scene in Shakespeare's "King Lear"