UWP Lecturers A Favor

Rise Axelrod rise.axelrod at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 15 11:54:56 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I'm compiling Sticks and Stones, the collection of student essays
given away with the new edition of the St. Martin's Guide to Writing.
I need essays that fit the Guide's writing assignments. If you have
model essays you've saved or currently have promising essays, I'd very
much appreciate your sending them to me as soon as possible because
the book deadline is swiftly approaching.  The essays can be from any
campus.

Under the deadline pressure, I urge you to send me the essays without
first asking permission from the students. I'll take care of the
permissions for any essays I can use.

Attachments are great, as are photocopies.

Thanks so much,
Rise

Rise B. Axelrod
McSweeney Professor of Rhetoric and  Teaching Excellence
Director of Composition
Department of English
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521