UWP Lecturers Dept. statement of solidarity

Carole Fabricant cf7516 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:50:06 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

I just wanted to make sure all of you were aware that the statement of
solidarity (with the Day of Action events and ongoing UC protests) that I
wrote and had presented to the English Department meeting on Monday was
UNANIMOUSLY approved by the faculty.  The English Department thus joins with
our colleagues across the UC campuses in affirming our support for the
maintenance of a low-cost public higher education with broad access to all
students in the state, as well as for greater transparency and
accountability regarding UC finances and the implementation of shared
governance.  I'm attaching the statement (which includes the names of those
voting to approve) to this email.

In solidarity,
Carole