UWP Lecturers More re protest actions

Carole Fabricant cf7516 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:11:21 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I'm sending you a couple of links and a couple of flyers re protest actions
this week, including a reminder about the teach-in at UCR tomorrow
(Monday).  Unfortunately I'm not in Riverside on Mondays but I hope at least
a few of you will be able to attend; and even if you can't, it would
be helpful if you could pass the word on to your students if you haven't
done so already.

I'm including a flyer and a link that gives detailed info about what's
happening on the UCLA campus this week, for those of you who plan or want to
show up but aren't sure what's happening when and where.  Perhaps not
surprisingly, there's a marked dearth of organization and activity on the
part of the UCLA senate faculty; but there's an amazing amount of energy and
enthusiasm being generated by students and union members, who are helping to
put together an all-nighter (as well as an early 'morninger') on Wednesday,
first outside of the Regents meeting and later in front of Pauley Pavilion,
where there will be an evening of food, drink, music, protest, and a 'tent
city' for those who come from outside LA (I think, though, you have to bring
your own tent; blankets would be a good idea too).

Finally, I'm sending along the link to a petition from UC Berkeley calling
on the regents to postpone the student fee hikes.  A number of faculty
across all campuses have already signed the petition and I hope you will
consider doing so also (if you haven't already).  Even if the fee hikes are
enacted (as seems more than likely) it's important that there be a record of
the amount of opposition that exists among all sectors of the UC community.

Cheers,

Carole

http://toodumbtolivearchive.blogspot.com/2009/11/additional-call-from-ucla-crisis-fest.html

http://www.saveuc.org/petition_fees.php