UWP Lecturers Matt Murray offers Free Yoga Classes for UWP peeps!

mattmur at ucr.edu mattmur at ucr.edu
Fri May 8 13:27:08 PDT 2009

Hello Colleagues,

Earlier this month, I completed the teacher training program at the Inland College of Yoga and am now a Registered Yoga Teacher, in addition to the teaching I do in the University Writing Program. So, in the spirit of giving to friends, family, and co-workers, I am offering two free yoga classes NEXT SUNDAY, May 17 at Inland Yoga’s Canyon Crest studio in Riverside.

Yoga offers a variety of benefits for body and mind, and it’s also a great way to get to know yourself on a deeper level. I was hooked after my first class, and have been practicing regularly for three years, which has helped me stay sane (relatively), and seems to have assisted (with a few dietary changes) in allowing me to stay off of cholesterol-reducing drugs that my doctor assured me I would have to take the rest of my life!

Class times are 1:30-2:45 and 3:00-4:15. Anyone is welcome, regardless of experience with yoga, and you can even feel free to attend both classes, if you are up for it.
Wear something comfortable that you can move/stretch in. Cotton pants work well and a comfortable shirt. Try not to eat just before class (at least 1 hour), and drink a small amount of water. You will need a yoga mat (with a sticky surface & not too thick), but we will have some available if you do not currently have one.

Here is the URL for the studio website, http://www.inlandyogacenters.com/, which includes location information (Inland Yoga Canyon Crest Studio, 5053 La Mart Dr., Suite 202, Riverside, 92507, corner of La Mart Dr. and El Cerrito Dr.).

Feel free to contact me [cell (951) 536-8334] with any questions, and I look forward to seeing you all there!

--Matt Murray, PhD, RYT
Lecturer, University Writing Program