UWP Lecturers Resume question for adjuncting jobs

Benedict Jones bkjones at san.rr.com
Tue Jul 28 19:34:10 PDT 2009

Hi, everyone. I'm getting ready to apply to some adjuncting pools in
some San Diego community colleges, and I could use some advice. I'm
accustomed to supplying a CV, an application letter, and a statement of
teaching philosophy. However, these CCs (at least some of them) are
asking for a resume instead. I have a pretty good book on resumes but
have no idea how a teaching resume might be different from a resume for
a regular job. And I don't know whether my resume is expected to fill in
some of the ground that would have been covered in the teaching
statement and the application letter.

I'm a real n00b here. If you have any pointers, I would greatly
appreciate the help. Books, Websites, sample teaching resumes, whatever.
I'll take what I can get.

Thanks,
Benedict Jones