UWP Lecturers Fwd: brilliant letter

caroldo at ucr.edu caroldo at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 10 10:37:30 PDT 2009

Hi Carole,
   Just when many of us are questioning the validity of our career choices, and struggling to stay afloat during these uncertain times, comes this discounting and self serving budget proposal. Clearly, Professor Scull has not outgrown a common childhood tendency to resort to the "we're better than you are" fallacy. Considering that Professor Scull belongs to a sociology department certainly supports the irony contained within his less than "modest proposal". Thus, I applaud your ability to reconstruct this false elitism into Swiftian satire. Undoubtedly, your tact is far more sophisticated and thoughtful than the rather base response I am currently contemplating. Congratulations and thank you.
Sincerely,
Carol Downey