UWP Lecturers English 1c Sample papers

juliab at ucr.edu juliab at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 8 07:55:45 PST 2009

Hello all,

The UWP committee will meet on Jan 15 to begin discussing English 1C student performance as part of the campus-wide assessment process.  So far, only one instructor has provided some papers to us to look at.  So if you're still thinking about it, now is the time to get copies to me.

Again, this is important: we lecturers sometimes feel that our input is not needed or valued, but as the instructors of these courses, we are the only ones who can provide the materials of what our students actually do, as well as the guidelines for what we use to assess that.

So please, if you have any access to student papers for 1C that you believe would serve as good samples to show accomplishment after a year of writing instruction, please get them to me before the 15th.

Thanks,

Julie Brett
Lecturer Rep