UWP Lecturers ELWR textbook important information

lstrahan at ucr.edu lstrahan at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 22 10:19:06 PST 2009

Dear Instructors,

In light of the recent additions to the ELWR class schedule, some adjustments in textbook orders will need to be made.  As of now, the majority of students in English 4/5 and BW 3 will be repeaters rather than first time takers of the courses, so we will need to use Write It Review rather than Write It in winter.  Unfortunately, the whole campus is dark for two weeks.  The bookstore will not open until we come back after the new year.  I will try to get them to place rush orders on all our books.  There will only be minimal copies of the whole texts available the first week as well because the order was made on the basis of the original number of scheduled sections.

I would suggest that you plan on teaching out of the McGraw-Hill Handbook the first week.  All the students should already own a copy. Parts 8,9, and 10 focus on grammar and mechanics, the area where most of the repeaters need extensive work.

I apologize for this inconvenience, but consider it a small price to pay for the opportunity that these students are now being given.

Happy holiday season to one and all.

Linda Strahan
Associate Director