UWP Lecturers [Gsa-english] 1B offerings for undergrads

Kate Watt katecwatt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:02:28 PST 2009

What I'm hearing now is that, while there won't be enough 1Bs in winter,
there will be enough in spring for everyone who needs it.

This quarter (and next, I suppose) may well be slim pickings for our
freshmen, but they don't actually have to drop out and go home.   (And,
given their leases, they would probably not be better off for doing so.)

While I applaud the engagement of those students writing letters and talking
to the Chancellor, and I agree that the situation is very tough and
unpleasant (for them and for us), dropping out is no one's best answer.

Kate Watt