UWP Lecturers [Gsa-english] 1B offerings for undergrads

Kate Watt katecwatt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 08:19:29 PST 2009

It's sort of the same bind we're in.

Not much point in threatening to withhold our labor, if they are gearing up
to do without it.   Not much point in students threatening to withhold their
custom, if it's not much wanted either.

But since the university has not yet decided (and I really can't believe
they will) to scuttle lower-division or undergraduate education at UCR
entirely, they do need those freshmen to keep coming, and signing those
checks, this winter and spring....

I admire that petition-gathering student's chutzpah!  At the same time, I
grant that there may be ramifications of such a move that we can't yet
foresee....

Kate