UWP Lecturers Date Extended: Film Studies Panel (4/16/09)

Matthew Snyder mattysny at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:10:32 PDT 2009

We are still looking for a couple of more papers for our now expanded Film Studies panel (which will be split into four panels due to demand).  Please note the altered late submission URL for applying which has been changed down below.
ATTN: PAMLA SPECIAL SESSION: FILM STUDIES ABSTRACTS DUE (4/16/09)

 Hello Film Buddies and Bruisers,
As a presiding officer for PAMLA's first special session dealing with Film Studies, I would like to welcome any interested parties to submit an abstract for this year's PAMLA conference in San Francisco (November 6-7, 2009, San Francisco State University).  Film Studies offers the unique quality of being immediately interdisciplinary in nature and immediately open to several areas of study.  In an academic world increasingly subject to specialization and disconnection, Film Studies offers a powerful conduit to a real and mutually shared understanding.  This discipline is in many ways our new canon inside the confused and walled Kafka medina of the Ivory Tower.  Although the Pacific-Ancient Modern Language Association--a regional conference of MLA--has long had various panels connected to film, this special session is being created in the hopes that it will become a regular standing panel in the future.  And if there is indeed interest beyond this special