UWP Lecturers A little more on desk copies

James J Condon jjcondon at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:47:15 PDT 2008

   Dearest Basic Writing instructors,

           Just wanted to drop a quick reminder that if you never got a desk copy of Write It, the McGraw-Hill Handbook, or the single-author text for your course(s) this quarter, please feel free to come by my office in HMNSS 1102F to get it. We have everything in again...except for The Razor's Edge, which is officially out.
           This confession does bring us to a second request, however: if you took multiple desk copies to glance through early in the quarter while still deciding which text you would use, and you're sure you won't be using one or two of them for your class this quarter or next, we would be forever grateful if you simply let us know which "extras" you have, in case a fellow instructor comes around at the beginning of next quarter desperately seeking a copy of that book. On the other hand, if you're still entertaining the idea of using that book next quarter, or if the east wing of the book fort in your living room needs remodeling, by all means make no further mention of the desk copies.

             best,

                      Jim Condon

TA Assistant Director, Basic Writing
Department of English