UWP Lecturers MID QUARTER INFORMATION

Teri Carter teriann at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 16 16:14:42 PDT 2008

Dear All,

Can you believe it? Midterm is upon us!  In the jest of our busy
schedules, I would like to remind all ELWR/Composition Lecturers and
TA's of the small changes that have occurred in the University
Writing Program.

1.  As you are well aware, the UWP mailboxes are located in the
Writing Center, Room 1102.  I have been told that students are going
into the English Department looking for instructor mailboxes.  Please
inform your students where they can find your mailbox.

2.  As Professor Briggs outlined in his Welcome and Update e-mail,
the University Writing Program is now conducting classes for over
4,800 students.  Please ask your students not to ask staff to date
stamp documents.  We cannot be held responsible for monitoring each
student who turns in his/her papers.

3.  Your mailboxes are very small and will be accumulating a lot of
paperwork and flyers.  Please take a moment to clear your mailbox at
least once or twice a week.

4.  Students will begin looking for your office location during your
office hours.  They can be referred to the cork bulletin board in the
hallway of Room 1102.   The board has several rosters of information
for the students.

I hope this information will answer the student inquiries.

Thank you,

Teri A. Carter