UWP Lecturers FW: How to Read Like a President

Cheri Langdell cheril at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 4 07:16:17 PST 2008

Right, Devon!

Thanks,

Cher
----- Original Message -----
From: "Devon W. Hackelton" <dhackelton at csupomona.edu>
To: "John Briggs" <John.Briggs at ucr.edu>; <gsa-english at lists.ucr.edu>;
<englecturers at lists.ucr.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: UWP Lecturers FW: How to Read Like a President

Dear all:

I read with great interest Jon Meacham's essay.  Unfortunately, he didn't
ask Palin what she read, but my guess is Go, Dog Go (she used it to come up
with the chant "drill, baby drill") and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
which taught her the power of a wink and a nod...

Good luck voting today. Check out this Simpson's clip before you sidle up to
that electronic voting machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aBaX9GPSaQ

Of course, I mailed in my ballot, so it can be lost without me having to
worry about it.

Devon