[Englecturers] student killed

Tina Feldmann tina.feldmann at ucr.edu
Thu May 22 11:38:24 PDT 2008

Undergraduate Creative Writing student John Masgula was killed last
weekend along with his brother (not a UCR student), when the truck
that they and 5 other kids were
riding in went too fast over some railroad tracks and hit a
tree.   Other passengers are in serious and critical condition.

A flier will go out from the CHASS College, asking for donations
because the family cannot afford the two funerals.   Both boys worked
several jobs to support the family.

There will also be a car wash this Saturday, May 24th in the parking
lot behind The Upper Crust sandwich place, 3573 Main Street from
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
if you are interested in getting your car wash and making a
donation.    I'd be happy to accept any donations for the family;
I'll be at the car wash for part of Saturday.

If you are wondering if John Dylan Masgula was one of your students,
here was his English record:

winter 2007   he enrolled in English 1A-58
spring 2007   he enrolled in English 1B-36
fall 2007        he enrolled in English 1C-27
winter 2008    he re-enrolled in English 1C-07 (to meet the C
average).    He had an incomplete in this course.

Thank you.

Tina Feldmann
Graduate Student Advisor
Department of English