[Englecturers] lecturer reappointment applications

sbaringer at gmail.com sbaringer at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:36:56 PDT 2008

The union has requested more specific information on hiring criteria for annual and quarterly lecturers who are applying for reappointments next year.  We have been informed that this information will be forthcoming after the Writing Program Committee meets on May 19.  We have also requested an extension of the May 20 application deadline so that applicants have some time to respond to the new information on criteria if they wish to.  Such an extension cannot formally be granted until and unless approval comes from Academic Personnel, but Professor Briggs's letters to current pre-six lecturers did already state that supplemental additions to files may be made through May 23.

Accordingly, this is a heads-up to applicants to watch for an email from John Briggs on May 19.

- Sandy Baringer